Monday, February 7, 2011

Coupon Class! And my Dillon's Deal

The coupon class for February 19 at 2pm is half full! I have four slots remaining.  The fee is 5 items or $5 that will be donated to a local food bank.  Everyone will walk away with a few grocery items of their own and a outline of everything we talked about.  Here are some things that we will discuss:

- Why use coupons and is it worth it?
- Perks of using coupons, its not just about saving $$
- Resources to help you use coupons
- Using coupons ethically!
- Types and sources of coupons
- Using your time wisely
- Organizing coupons
- Store guidelines
- Important tips every couponer should know.

If you are a practicing couponer please feel free to come, you might learn something new or teach us something! If you are passionate about the subject of couponing, come share your enthusiasm!

Here is a testimony of how couponing can really help lower your budget. I went to Dillon's after church on Sunday and would have spent $65 for all these items without coupons. My total out of pocket (OPP) was $27.31 and I have a $1.00 catalina ($1 off any purchase) to spend next time.  It was only 63% savings but there were some BIG splurges.

Here's the breakdown of this deal after coupons (and Dillon's Mega Event):

Free items: FiberOne bars, Tombstone Pizza, Miracle Whip, Crest toothpaste
Ken's Dressing: $0.99
Jell-O Pudding (3 large boxes): $1.37 or .45each
Wheat Thins: $1.45
Ritz: $1.59
Krusteaz Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix: $0.59
Colgate toothpaste: $0.34 (my husband's dentist reccommended)
Kraft cups: $1.36 or .34 each
CoffeeMate (2): $0.95 each
JollyTime Popcorn: $0.79
Tostitos Whole Grain Scoops: $1.49
Rotel with lime and cilantro (2): $.49 each
Delmonte Veggies (4): $.49each
Starbucks Coffee: $6.49 (I never thought I would be able to buy GOOD coffee!!)- my splurge
Velveeta: $3.49 (We have not had this in our house for over 3 yrs, my husband is so excited!) -his splurge

If you have any great deals you want to share please do! I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment