Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What are you looking for?

Many of my friends asked me to do a blog about saving money, however, I found that kinda redundant to what I am trying to do in my life right now. We have been in a process over the last two years of simplifying our lives. For our family it has been downsizing our home, our schedules, our debt and re-examining our spiritual well-being, our health, and our mental state! It seems like we as Americans are always busy spending our time, money, energy, efforts, and ideas, but not doing much to save those things. I didn't want to spend my time on a blog, that is probably already out there, because honestly that would be wasting my time (and the time of others that spend their time on their blogs that are already up and running.)  So I am heading toward another approach and will hopefully address needs that are sometimes overlooked.

 Will I not talk about how my family keeps our budget? YES I will, but in the process of saving money we need to keep a perspective on why we do it. Are you trying to save money to get out of debt, maybe to eliminate a part-time job? Maybe you are saving money to be able to maximize your giving. Whatever the reason, we need to keep it in the right perspective to where our lives are right now. 

How are you doing right now? Feeling a little frazzled with life, maybe a little frustrated with work? Or you feel like you are doing fine but know that things could get better.  What is it that you wish you had more of? What is it that you need to hear more about right now? It is my hope, that we can find out those answers together no matter what season of life you are in!

No comments:

Post a Comment