Friday, September 10, 2010

Overview of this "Month"

So this month our pantry was full and our time was limited (we get paid once a month, so our "fiscal" month is the 15th to the 15th). We ended up spending way over our budget on dining out. We were able to stay within our allotted food budget because we took the money from our grocery budget and used it on eating out. This month with all of the changes of school, sports, and birthdays, I felt like we were running everywhere! It astonished me to find out that I only spent $124 on groceries this month! Too bad its only a few dollars less than that on eating out :(

So we are at the end of the month and we were bare bones in our fridge. I was so excited to score this deal at HyVee yesterday! I way over paid for the tortillas ($1.65) but since my oldest will not eat bread I didn't want to go to Aldi for just one package of .99 cent tortillas.

Spent only $3.15 after sales and coupons! Notice the crisp, yummy Braeburn apples? 

Happy to say we are going to make it to payday with our budget intact- however, not as many savings, but there is a season for everything. However, knowing I can get by on such little money has challenged me to do even better about shopping next month! And a huge praise for this month- ALL doctor bills are now paid off completely!

Do you have any success stories or how-tos you'd like to share? Send them to me to share with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment