Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Coupons: why use them?

So I picked the first topic to discuss to be coupons because that is what so many asked about.  But before you get into the hassle of couponing (I say "hassle" because it is one more thing to do), why do you want to do it? I would encourage you to sit down with a list of reasons why. Once you have this list, decide how "into it" do you want to get?  Depending on what your reasons of why will determine how much time and energy you should put forth. Before I give out some of my secrets here are some thoughts to consider:

First off our goal is to glorify God with our money. Getting into couponing and finding out how you can get lots of stuff because of some great deals can easily consume you! You could be wasting your time, energy, and money, on things you don't need! Pray for wisdom and ask for Him to bless you. Remember not to get greedy because you don't want to miss out. God is the Provider and he will take care of us.

Second, when we choose to glorify God with our money, we are saying we will be a good steward. This does not just mean smart buying for our family. It also means to remember to use the resources and wisdom God has given you to bless others. (Please understand this is the main reason I am doing this blog!!) I know how much couponing has changed my life and finances, it would be selfish of me not to share this with you. Through couponing I have seen an over abundance of blessings. "And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others."- 2 Corinthians 9:8

If you have gotten this far, I would assume that many of you are still into the thought of couponing.  If you are a new beginner at coupons I would encourage you to look at moneysavingmom.com and read the series ""31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget".  This is a great refresher course too! One of my favorite local blogs that tell me many of the good deals in the Topeka area is thegroceryweekly.blogspot.com.

Next, I hope to post on one of my latest deals or maybe about my coupon box. Another feature I would like to include is local Thriftway match ups and feature awesome deals you have found! So check back often or become a subscriber!

No comments:

Post a Comment