Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Coupons: Testimony!

At a birthday party in March a woman told me about moneysavingmom.com and many of you know it is one of my favorite resources. From there I have branched out to using my internet resources wisely saving me more time, money, and mental fatigue! So is couponing worth your time? Here deal that I snatched up last night at HyVee (please keep in mind that this "deal" is now expired):

In my first transaction I had my husband by 6 boxes of cereal (three boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and three boxes of Golden Grahams). With a total of $3.45 out of pocket after coupons and discounts I also recieved a voucher for $6 off my next purchase.

The second transaction was another 6 boxes of cereal (we purchased four boxes of Cocoa Puffs and two boxes of Wheaties) our grand total out of pocket was $3.88 after coupons and discounts.  We also recieved another $6 voucher! Now, on Tuesdays at HyVee it is double coupons to $1, however, in this transaction the cashier forgot to double them. My total should have been closer to $2.70. 

My last transaction I went hog wild and got some favorites eventhough I didn't have great coupons. I got 6 more boxes of cereal and 9 cans of Van Camp Pork and Beans. I used one of the $6 vouchers and more coupons (which were doubled) and discounts to give me a total out of pocket price of $4.73.  Once again, I recieved another $6 voucher!

My grand total out of pocket expense for 18 boxes of cereal and 9 can of beans was $11.31 and I still have 2 $6 vouchers next time I go to HyVee! Now you are probably asking what am I going to do with that much cereal? Well, some of it we will eat the rest we are going to give away. I would not of gotten the beans if I had not recieved two emails and a letter saying that is one of the greatest needs at the Topeka Rescue Mission right now. The Lord provides, and he does it abundantly!



Transaction #3 (not pictured one box of Cookie Crisp- it has already been given away!)

And I did not figure this out on my own, this deal was courtesy of Shannon at thegroceryweekly.blogspot.com! Could this type of couponing help your family (and potentially others)?

No comments:

Post a Comment